Puch maxi wont accelerate =(

ok so the bike was running up until about an hour ago. when it was running i was already having acceleration problems( full throttle killed the engine i had to build up rpms slow). well all of the sudden it just crapped out on me. now it wont go hardly above idle speed and if i try to give it gas it dies.

on a side note i am using a homemade external gast tank( 2 litre cola bottle, inside of a pen and some extra fuel line). I dont think this should be the problem.

Re: Puch maxi wont accelerate =(

See Ya Moped Army /

It could be the problem if the tank is not properly vented.

without vening the fuel will not run into the carb. Besides, using a coke bottle is dumb. Use a Pepsi one, they are faster.

If you loosen the cap about 1/8 of a turn while riding it should be ok, or, ideally, put in a piece of pipe about 1/32 in diameter through the cap, epoxy it, and run a vent line and you should be ok.

that is what i am doing. I have a a pen tube in the cap of the bottle and i poked a hole at the "top" of the bottle (its actually the bottom but its turned upside down.

for future reference it turned out that the problem was one of the piston rings. it had cracked and about 1 inch of it is hanging out in the motor somewhere lol

anyone have any good methods of getting it out without cracking the engine open?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account