2 OLLLD Mobylette's

I picked up two 50V Mobylette's from someone's garage last night. They definitely need some TLC but I don't really even know where to begin. Is anyone around in northern MA(Tewksbury/Wilmington/Lowell/Dracut area who is willing to help me out?

--NuBrew

Re: 2 OLLLD Mobylette's

I am in Lunenburg.I just rebuilt a 78 50v.e-mail me Peter.

bump anyone?

Hi NuBrew,

I got a 79 50V a week ago and I had to fix the pulley sprocket by pinning the lever that engages it so it would stop jumping. It runs well now except I can't get the lights to work yet. First thing, imo, is to give it a thorough inspection, especially the plug and maybe take the muffler off and check the outlet port. Spray a little wd 40 in there and turn the engine over. Put fresh gas/oil mix in and see if it turns over. Anyway, I'm in NJ - too far to help in person.

Another potential problem that I have is the fact that I got the ped with only a bill of sale. I think I'm gonna have probs with the NJDMV getting the thing on the road here. Did you get any registration info with your peds? Thanks.

Jim

i got mine for ....free...and no bill of sale etc....

So, how are you going to be able to register them?

well massachsetts may be a pain in the ass for other veicals but they are actually reasonable and know that no one would keep the title for a moped. so its just a matter of a bill of sale and 40 bucks and your all ready to go.

aah good...I can make a great fake bill of sale...they were given to me for FREE

Well, I am going down to the NJDMV now to give it a try but I'm not optimistic about it. If it doesn't work, maybe I can 'sell' the ped back to the guy who sold it to me and give him 40 bucks to register it back in Mass & he can 're-sell' it back to me along with a bill of sale and the registration. Not too sure the first step would work either - any self respecting DMV would be looking for a title and/or registration from NJ as it requires same along with a bill of sale. This is the hurdle facing me. Let ya'll know soon if you're interested. Jim

I went to the NJDMV yesterday and actually got the 79 Moby registered and they actually said they'd send me a title in 3 weeks or so ... funny because just the day before they said they wouldn't give me a title. So, it's legal now and we are beginning to enjoy it.

James,

Most of the time, the DMV people are so utterly clueless that it's amazing that they can do their jobs. But if you are crafty, you can often turn this to your own advantage.

Good job getting your bike regged!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account