Fun with the Vespa Grande

Shawn /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello happy helpers... I'm in a bad spot with my moped...

Earlier this summer... my grande was running well. I let it sit for possibly four or five days without running (in which time it rained a lot). My next time out, I couldn't start it up. I have good compression, and after trying to start it a few times, I can smell the gas.

I did the "spark check" and didn't get a spark... I then bought a new plug, and was still unable to get a spark out of it.

I put in a new plug and cable about one year ago... so they are both somewhat new.

I took the ped up to the local shop, but they no longer do repair on the old-school mopeds.

So... suggestions?

Points and condensers?

Cable?

Remember though, that I am completely incompetent when it comes to repair... I know nothing about the inner workings. I've been told that replacing the points/condensers or cleaning the carb "isn't very hard" but I'd really need a step by step instruction... and I don't have a manual for the bike either... so... yah.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm about two seconds away from tossing it into the dumpster!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account