idling help

i have a 1985 garelli rally sl. i found it in the garbage and i got it to run. it runs great until you stop, it wont idle. i have tried cleaning out the carburetor. i was wondering if the throttle slide should be all the way closed when idling, or should it be a crack open? any other suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

thanks,

chad

P.S. if anyone has a manual for this bike or a simalar garelli that would also be nice

Re: idling help

mine does the same but all u have to do or atleast for me is jus while ur stopped keep the throottle alittle bit open more. this has helped me out too

I HAVE A 1993 JAWA MOPED AND MINE DOES THE SAME THING SOMETIMES.........I CAN HEAR IT DYING SO I REV THE ENGINE A LITTLE BIT THEN ITS FINE.

hmmmm more idle circuits stopped up in the carb????

Have you tried setting the idle when the moped is hot? That is the usual procedure since the idle drops when the motor heats up after running for awhile... Take it for a hard ride for a few miles and adjust the idle screw :P

Here's the manual for the 76-78 Garelli

Maybe it will help!

http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/garelli/csm/garellicsm.htm

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account