Motor repair for Cimatti City Bike

I left the gas in my Cimatti City Bike moped over the winter several years ago. We tried taking it apart but to no avail.

I went to a cycle shop to have it repaired. They said they could not do anything unless I could get parts.

ARE ANY PARTS AVAILABLE FOR A 1977 0R 1978 CIMATTI CITY BIKE AVAILABLE. PLEASE RESPOND--- SOMEBODY.

Thanks in advance to anyone out there.

Sincerely,

Dr. Marcel Biberfeld

Brooklyn, NY

Re: Motor repair for Cimatti City Bike

It should have a minarelli V1 motor. What parts are you looking for.

See Ya Moped Army /

If you can get it to NJ one weekend, I'll fix it for you. All I charge for is the parts that I use.

MoPedLar

Thank you so much for responding. As I said, I have not used the bike in several years but now would like to.

It is a Cimatti 0ne cylinder gas engine. That's all I know. I am being told that I need a new carburator. Is it possible to still get one?

See Ya Moped Army /

New carbs are available, but I doubt you need a new one. A good soaking in carb solvent, blowing out ports and jet with compressed air, and replacing any leaking gaskets is all that it probably needs. I would clean that carb out thoroughly before I plunked down $50 for a new carb.

Thanks again! I will try that, but if I do need a new carb, where can I get one in the New York City area?

P.S. You have been so nice and helpful, could you tell me about yourself. I am the VP of Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn NY., Married with 5 kids and loads of grandchildren.

See Ya Moped Army /

You can order new ones from Chris at mopedwarehouse.com.

I'm a 42 year old CPA by profession and my hobby is collecting and restoring mopeds. I've been riding them since 1977 and restoring them since 1997. I currently have around 50 mopeds in my collection. I'm not married, but I've been with the same terrific lady (Kim) for over 11 years. I have three sons by my former wife, ages 19, 17 and 13.

I don't know whether you got my direct e-mail. Could you advise me where in the NYC area I can get a new carb? Thanks.

See Ya Moped Army /

You'd have to order it online from mopedwarehouse.com. I don't know of any moped shops in NYC.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account