Puch won't start possible wiring problem

Liz Nayadley /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello-

It's been awhile since I posted because I usually can do a search and find the answer. My moped was stolen recently and I got it back but, they obviously didn't know how to start a moped and just tore off the starter switch. I have a new switch and I am trying to attach it. The 3 wires on the bike are brown and two black wires. The 3 wire colors on the new starter switch are black and white, black and green and black, white and green. I thought I tried every possible scenario the wires might hook up to each other but, none of them allow the moped to spark. I replaced a broken bulb in the tailight thinking this might prevent spark. Does anyone have any other suggestions? How can i bypass the starter switch all together. I just what it to spark so it will start.

This is a 1978 Puch Maxi. Thanks in advance.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account