**PUCH** jet issue/ won't idle

Well I'm back with more issues on this Puch, but she runs, not that fast though. The problem is the jet I think, it is just not getting enough fuel to the engine, because I took the little screw thingy off and she was purrin, though quite smokey, and I put it back on, but she won't idle for me. Occasionally I pull the throttle and let a little gas in and back off really slowly and can get an idle, but it's really weak and sputtery. So I was wondering how I can fix this problem. Thanks!!!

Re: **PUCH** jet issue/ won't idle

Jason Luther /

is your throttle cable adjusted right? look into the carb as you are tightening it and stop when the slide just barely begins to lift. then back off a little

the throttle works and everything, we got it to run for a while, but it didn't seem like it was going as fast as it could go, i'll look into the throttle ajustment, but she started makin some extra noise and wouldn't turn over, and when i took off the head, i found that a piston ring was close to breaking, and when i touched it, it broke into 3 pieces. So untill tomorrow, I can't do anything, which sucks

ok stock 1977 puch, clean carb and see what size jet you have.then go to air box and take out restricters black oval things let less air in. then take muffler apart and look for two pins in pipe and knock them out. that should help

that little thing is your idle , more you turn it the faster your idle will be. when you took it out you let MORE AIR IN!!! hint

Awsome Tim, thanks for the tips, I'll try them out later this morning after I get the piston ring. I'm new to mopedding, so I could use all the help I can get. And just like me making things diffucult for myself, I choose to get a moped that doesn't work... maybe the experience will help me in the long run.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account