Puch Magnum Restoration project with pictures

I've been travelling up to MopedLarrys working on this '80 Puch Magnum, I've got before and after pics. Here is a before, take a look at the shocks if you get a chance

Jonathan

1124679928_pcdv0108.jpg

Re: Puch Magnum Restoration project with pictures

After, pic, with only work from today, Quite a difference. It'll be running soon. Check back for the next MOFO ride

Jonathan

1124680396_pcdv0120.jpg

Brian Mikami /

That can't be the same shock...is it? Our Puch80 Project ped was in pretty rough shape too, doing a frame-up resto takes a lot of work...

We're not doing frame off, just enough to get it streetable. I can see why Larry doesn't sell his mopeds, it's a shit load of work, that money can not justify. Send pics if you have them

oh yeah, those are different shocks.

Jonathan

Johnathan you answered a post I left about magnum fork bearings.I have a set that i'm putting on my maxi i got them from ebay but they came with no ball bearings what i need to know is what diameter the balls are 3/16" is 0.187" and 7/32" is 0.219". you said that 42 would be the amount needed is that 21 for the upper and 21 for the lower?Thanks.Jim

my guess is 21 for both, I'm not sure about diameter, but if you're refering to the bearings used in the wheels, it's the smaller of the too. I can't believe I don't remember I even measured them with a scale. Sorry

Brian Mikami /

It's a lot of work, but the enjoyable kind. I've been restoring stuff like antique furniture, Schwinns, Datsuns and guitars over 1/2 my life now, Puchs are kinda new to me, but they need love too. It's a bike that will be raffled off once finished, for the family of our fallen bro, Paul Pucchio. A few of us have taken the task of this build, Smitty will rework the motor and tranny, Donp is restoring/painting the frame, fork, shocks and black plastic pieces, I'm doing the wheels and kustom paint on the tank and panels and Ike will put it all together. A LOT of nice folks have donated new parts and money to get this bike lookin' primo, so we'll have a sweet Magnum to raffle off. I know Larry sold a bike just to donate to Pauls wife so we're all doing what we can to help the family out, we have a great moped community don't we?

Pictures will be updated as we progress more, on the Puch80 Project site.

Here's my pics of the wheel resto/custom. Good luck with your resto and get that bike back on the street! Say hey to Larry for us.

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/showalbum.php?aid=3688&uuid=729

Brian Mikami /

Here's the Puch80 site, a small pic of the Magnum, the wheels will be the restored snowflakes. We still need some parts and donations, lets keep this going. Thanks.

http://smcmopeds.tripod.com/id15.html

Magnum Resto is done!!!

See Ya Moped Army /

I finished up the remaining resto work on the Magnum that Jonathan and I have been working on. Attached is an "After" pic of the bike.

This bike was a real mess when I picked it up. It had been sitting outside for more than a year. After about 4 days of working on it, it's now a real nice looking runner. Jonathan's got himself a very nice Magnum for a very decent price.

1124831497_jonsmagnum.jpg

Re: Magnum Resto is done!!!

Moped Larry is Awesome. Just having Larry in New Jersey counteracts for the snot nosed kids in the state. MopedLarry is the best thing for mopeds since the invention of the expansion chamber.

Jonathan

how did you get the tank cleaned?

See Ya Moped Army /

Tank was spotless when I bought it,

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account