2002 Tomos Targa Choke Stuck On

Cassie Dillon /

Need some help

Usually the choke clicks "off" with a few twists of the throttle. Choke has been sticking a bit, today it got stuck in the "on" position and will not click to the "off" position.

I think the cable needs adjustment, or is there a way I can get the choke to click up to the off position.

Thanks

cd

Re: 2002 Tomos Targa Choke Stuck On

John Joedicke /

Just loosen the 2 screws on the top of the carb. Don't take it off, it should click back. You need to take up the slack in the cable by the hand grip. Look under the grip and there is a small set screw. It is probably loose. Use needle nose pliers to pull the cable taut and then tighten up the set screw.

Cassie Dillon /

thanks for the info.

Switch did not "click" back, but loose enough to move.

Can hear it almost clicking off... any other tips?

Should I try to move the choke lever to the off position?

Should I tighten the screws back before I try and get it to start?

cd

Spray everything down with WD-40. Make sure your cable has a little oil on it, the slide in the throttle should also be oiled. It also wont hurt to crack open the top of the throttle and spray a bit in there. Then, click the choke on and pull the throttle a bunch. This may give you enough to make it release right away.

Go nuts.

DannyMoped07

Cassie Dillon /

Thanks... :)

cd

Cassie Dillon /

Hey,

Disregard previous post. It's all good !

Loosened the screws a little more and switch clicked off.

Tightened everything and bike fired right up.

cd

Don Pflueger /

its easier to back the barrel adjuster out on the throttle cable down near the top of the carb. if you are not mechanically inclined, dont take the top off. you will have a hard time lining the arm for the choke back up.

Don Pflueger /

dont try to force it up. spray some lubricant on the choke lever where the little nut is, but on the carb body side.

You also may need to tighten the throttle cable at the handlebars... Had that problem happen, Cable streched out.

Alan

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account