Re: VERY loud noise, need HELP PLEASE

Joe Woods /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i dont use decopmpression to start the bike either.. i start the bike on the center stand and decompression isn't needed. But it does help when pedal-starting while actually pedaling the bike down or up the driveway.

i thought about permanantly closing the valve hole in the head .. maybe just welding it up nice and smooth. But the valve seals well and i prefer to leave well enough alone until i have a reason to change things..

Clean the valve's head and the valve seat of any carbon so it can't leak .. Attach a spring / lever or whatever to the valve stem to keep the valve pulled in closed. The spring should be strong. Look at any moped manual for a description of what the common decompression valve mechanism should look like.

A bolt or wire or other jury-rigging might loosen up.. and you don't want a compression leak. A spring would be best, imo.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account