Batavus Carb

I've got this batavus moped. I've been working on the carb and everytime i put it back on the bike it leaks like crazy and the bike won't start. It's leaking through every possible part of the carb. I'm thinking is something to to with the float? Has anyone here had a similar problem? I really need to get this thing started to get around town and i've been working on it for a while and read all the manuals online and couldn't get any information about this. Any help would be great.

Diego

Re: Batavus Carb

Don Pflueger /

you need to replace the carb top and float. an 80's tomos with an a3 engine uses the encarwi carb and you can order these parts from www.ikesbikes.com

I have carburatos for Batavus.

misiek@hotmail.com

Z

Make sure that when you put it back together the white float thingie has the needle up putting up.....

dude-before u buy stuff take the air filer off-you may be jetting too much-mine was the same way-just try it

dude-before u buy stuff take the air filer off-you may be jetting too much-mine was the same way-just try it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure I understand how an air filter would make a carb leak even if the engine is not rulling.

Could you explain a bit?

those carbs have float probs when they get old,theres a guy who sells solo engines on ebay.....he has brand new new bing carbs that will bolt up to the batavus manifold. he charges like 25 bucks You will have to swap the throttle cable top on the carb, and you will have to trim the housing back on the choke cable a little bit for it to work. and I had to modify the air filter and housing a little bit.it took me bout an hour to fix everything .If you dont want to go through that much trouble, Just change the float and float housing top on the carb you got. cost ya about 40 in parts from mopedjunkyard

alright dude heres what i mean- You have an air filter-correct?? Now the metal thing inside (it looks leke a screen type thing could be blocking the air getting thru-remove that and the plast clear extender on top of the plastic air filter housing. Now-this lets more air in ti mix with the fuel-this has to happen or no power will be produced. But first try taking the whole air filter assembly off for a test and then do what i just said-DONT ride around with the carb exposed however-dirt, grit, is the enemy of the carb

good luck with your bat-these are really good peds-quick acceleration, etc. i wouldnt sell mine for any thing.

jake

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account