Tomos Sprint A35-50 boggs at full throttle

Hi All, first post and just joined... I have a 2003 Tomos Sprint A35-50 thats been stored away for 2 years. I changes the fuel/oil...and checked carb. All clean and fuel is flowing. Idles great and runs ok at partial throttle, but when i apply full throttle..it bogs and will stall if I don't let up. Cleaned plug(original) Bosna Super F75 . What other plugs can I use if I can't get another F75.... pleaase help...I'ts driving me crazy...thanks Ken

Re: Tomos Sprint A35-50 boggs at full throttle

Don Pflueger /

champion L86C.

tighten up the intake manifold screws.

if the engine bogs or dies when the throttle is opened up, there are numerous causes for this.

plugged up air box, plugged up filter, choke stuck closed, dirty carb, stuck reed valve (if your bike has reed valves), low compression, plugged exhaust port, plugged exhaust, incorrect ignition timing. clean and repair as neccesary.

donp

Dons Ride-Ons

used bikes

1695 Sunview dr

Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124

i have had lots of trouble with champion plugs...wonder why don?

Jet too big, Clogged exhaust port, air leak.... to name a few things to check first.

Alan

Don Pflueger /

dunno. in 15 years i've only had one, maybetwo bad champions. they are all i use.

I had the same problem with my 06 Tomos lx it would run fine at partcial until it reached top speed then it would start to let up like it was giving up and not pulling anymore, and at full throttle it would only run about half speed and sound like it was going to stall out. anyway the problem was that my air filter was too restrictive, so try running without an air filter just to see if it gets rid of the bike bogging out at full throttle, then if that works go for a uni air filter.

Tell me how that works for you.

Dan

I had the same problem with my 06 Tomos lx it would run fine at partcial until it reached top speed then it would start to let up like it was giving up and not pulling anymore, and at full throttle it would only run about half speed and sound like it was going to stall out. anyway the problem was that my air filter was too restrictive, so try running without an air filter just to see if it gets rid of the bike bogging out at full throttle, then if that works go for a uni air filter.

Tell me how that works for you.

Dan

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account