Puch Magnum XK help, info needed

I picked up a Puch Magnum XK last night. It had been abandoned at a friends house for a long time so when they were going to throw it out in a dumpster I stepped in to give it a good home... I know nothing about it. does anyone know where I can download a manual for it? I have a ciao and 2 vespa scooters so Im familiar with turning a wrench so Im sure I can figure it out, but I like to know what Im doing before I get in. I dont know what the oil mix is (or if its premix), whether or not it takes transmission fluid. I have a puch maxi that I was planning to scavenge parts from to fix up the magnum, the magnum looks bigger though, more robust, does anyone know are engine and some body parts interchangeable?

basically, if you know anything about this moped could you school me? Any info would be helpful.

Re: Puch Magnum XK help, info needed

The Puch Magnums were the largest and nicest (opinion only) of the Puch line (possibly of all mopeds!!!).

The models were:

XK: single speed, spoke wheels, regular spring suspension. Usually available in red.

II: two speed, spoke wheels, regular spring suspension. usually available in silver

MKII: two speed, oil injection, mag wheels, hydraulic suspension, dashboard. Usually available in silver or metallic brown.

MKII Limited: two speed, oil injected, special mag wheels, hydraulic suspension, special motorcycle type dashboard with key ignition switch, turn signals, optional tachometer, low clip-on like handlebars. available only in a metallic cream color.

Chris Edwards /

god I love the internet. Thanks for the help guys. Ill post photos of it when I get it on the road.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account