Help, my moped is dead with performance parts.

Ok so I have doing a major project on my Puch. I bought a 64 cc Polini Kit, 15mm amal (which i found out to fit right I had to grind away at some parts of my engine to make it work, and a tecno estoril exhaust, which i know is for tomos but i made an adapter.

Well it wont work…My friend Brendan (Toehead) told me to adjust the timing, which i cant believe i forgot to think over…

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

WWW.GYMNOS.ASKREET.COM <=== TO GET A BETTER IDEA.

Kevlar

Re: Help, my moped is dead with performance parts.

Did it ever run before you put the perf parts on? If it did, then you installed something incorrectly.

When you say it won't work, what do you mean?

Does it run?

Does it run but runs crappy?

I would doubt that the timing is the problem. If it was running before it should run now.

Are you getting any spark?

It ran before, it has spark, fires one time SOMETIMES, I had the piston in wrong but im gonna change that when I get a new piston ring, it broke. Thanks Kevlar

that JUST might be the problem....i guess i'm missing something here? broken piston ring/rings and the piston is in backwards and it's supposed to run? odd huh?

this is so common.. must have happened 50 times since i've hung in here. You'd think they'd include instructions with the kits.. Evidently they expect everyone who kits a bike to know the procedure... or maybe they like making extra money selling replacement parts.

But, to be fair, anyone who kits a bike should know the procedure.

hmm.. an obscure piglatin dialect written by someone with an aversion to punctuation... no wonder..

a kind soul should translate that to English .. and add a few things, like gapping the rings..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account