Revival exhaust bolt broken in head

I was riding the other day, and my Revival got much louder. I stopped to see what the problem was, and I thought I lost the hex bolt holding on the exhaust. I went home and looked at it closer, and I noticed that the bolt was broken in the cylinder. The bolt is broken in side, so there is nothing for me to grab onto. How can I get it out with out messing up the threads? I really don't want to go through the hassle of re-tapping the holes.

Re: Revival exhaust bolt broken in head

the best way is to find a small nut .. lay it on top of the broken stud. Weld the nut's center hole to the broken stud's end.. and unscrew the stud.

Search this forum for more ideas.. i forget exactly but there were at least 5 or 6 suggestions the last time this topic came up.

Harry Barfield /

new cylender head then if you dont want to trill n tap. there may be a way but i cant think of 1 without damaging the thread

Harry Barfield /

ill shut up then now i look like a nob. sorry but im only an apprentice at the moment!

Thats a good Idea with the nut. Ill try that.

didn't work. Tomorrow I will buy an easyout bolt remover.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account