i need help... cant keep it on!~

OKay check this out . i sometimes can get it started and when i do i cant do a full throttle because it will turn off but if i keep it below 30 mph it stays on no prob and then out ov no where maybe in 20 min it will turn off?what is that about>? i have spark and the carb bowl is okay....gas flow is fine i think...i cant think ov what els it might be.....can someone help me??? !MOPED ARMY!

.PEACE.

Re: i need help... cant keep it on!~

clean the carb and also try loosening your gas tank cap vacumes can form causing the system not to get any gas it sounds like u have a dirty carb(not full throttle prob) and a clogged vent in the gas cap(after 20 min dieing)

thx ima try it out... M.A!

_gas flow is fine i think_

if you measure how much fuel is in the float bowl you'll see it's not very much.. maybe 20 or 25ml .. unless fuel flow through the fuel line into the carb is an unobstructed, steady, thick stream the engine can run out of fuel, especially at higher speeds...

Even if it doesn't run dry, the fuel level in the bowl can get too low and cause all sorts of weird symptoms.

where is the float bowl? i may have the same problem, but I don't think it could be dirty because it started out doing this right out of the box.

ok did u try loosening the cap did this work i had similar probs that fixed the prob the rest of the prob was varnish in the fuel line

it started doing this out of the box? What is "it"? What kinda bike do you have?

A flaot bowl is small resevoir of fuel, mounted on the bottom of a carburetor.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account