Moped Won't Go

I have a major problem. I was at a stopsign and when i went to go my engine revved but the moped wont move or pedal. The wheel will go slightly when it is on the kickstand but when you put any pressure on it. even a finger the tire stops. Can someone help me?

Mike

Re: Moped Won't Go

Don Pflueger /

sounds like your first gear clutch wernt bad

Moped Won't Go

Yea it sounds like a clutch

noooo dude .. DONT go in your transmission. Same exact thing happened to me, it was my sprocket, the teeth were fucked up .. i went into my transmission thinkin that was the problem, ended up buying a brand new bike cause i fucked my tranny, when it was the sprocket all along .. before anything, check that sprocket.

A little more information would be good.

Make and model would make it easier to diagnose.

its a 2001 tomos sprint and someone told me it might need transmission fluid but the prob with that is i dont know how to change it. i dont think it is my sprockets tho, but i will check them tomarrow just to make sure. Can anybody tell me how to change transmission fluid in a tomos?

Mike

I had the same problem with my Tomas. it was the sprocket. Had to diagnose because you can't see the shaft easily.

so i will prolly have to change my sprocket then? is it bent or is the teeth just done for? The 27t on it is only like a year and a half old...but it does have a lot of miles on it. Thank god it isnt somethin to expensive.

Mike

Don Pflueger /

there is an internal drive chain that may have broke. tomos engines are very critical on oil levels.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account