express sr parts hunting and help

hey guys, this is my first post here. i'm the new guy. anyway, i've got an 82 honda express sr on my porch that i got for 10 bucks, and i want to get it going again and i need some parts. if anyone has extra parts, or knows of a good place to find them, please let me know. i need a gas tank, an exhaust, an oil tank if i decide to keep the oil injector, and the right hand throttle assy. oh yeah, the bike has only 584 miles on it, so i think i got a hell of a deal. any help would be greatly appreciated, and i'll kepp you guys up to date on the progress of the build. thanks!

1124064120_hondaexpress.jpg

Re: express sr parts hunting and help

Don Pflueger /

go to www.network54.com. from there search for the expressly moped forum. they deal with just the express models.

Jonas Quimby /

I wanted to let you know that the Express SR and the Urban Express use the same engine. There are some differances in the transmission, but otherwise parts between the two should swap no problem. If you're not sure, ask here.

cool. thanks guys. so i should be able to get the exhaust from an urban with no trouble? what about the throttle assy? think that would swap? i got a buddy going to italy in a week, and he might bring back some performance stuff for me to try, so i might want to get all the srtock stuff and the perf stuff to see what the difference is and what works best.

Jonas Quimby /

The exaust MAY be the same, I suggest looking at some pictures. I beleave the throttle assembly is the same though. Pretty sure of it.

Don Pflueger /

the throttle, exhaust, and carb are the same.air boxes, transmission, crankshaft, crank bearings, kick start assembly, and i believe oil pump are different.

cool! everything i need will swap! thanks a ton guys. i'm sure i'll have some more questions soon.

oh yeah, i tried that expressly mopeds forum: what an eyesore! but some good info. thanks for the hint.

go to www.partsfish.com and join then then you can search on Honda express sr nx50m and it gives you a listin gof EVERY part for the bike, diagrams for it all. I have bought some things from it. You fill your cart up with what ya want, place the ordetr then they email you with what is still avail and THEN you can buy it or forget it!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account