Puch Grimeca wheel resto

Brian Mikami /

These wheels were in decent shape, but I thought they were silver. After cleaning, it was a wierd grey. So I decided to give it a different custom look. These will be going on a fully restored custom painted Magnum to be raffled for our fallen bro Paul. (Puch80 project). Many hours of stripping and sanding, then polishing and painting...came out pretty kool, still a stock Puch mag, but with a modern custom wheel look.

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/showalbum.php?uuid=729&aid=3688

Re: Puch Grimeca wheel resto

Beautiful, I was thinking about doing the same but didn't feel like all the masking work. After seeing how nice they look I might have to reconsider. That is going to be one nice bike when its finished.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

They are very nice. Job well done!!

You didn't happen to replace the brake pads did you?? If so, where did you get them?

Brian Mikami /

Thanks guys. Yeah, we're all hoping that a LOT of pedders will want this bike when it's done. Tom, I told Smitty that we'll need new pads, they look pretty low, I know Ike had donated some new parts and had some Magnum stuff...Rigid gave me some new sets for my 5 star mags...I think those are different though. Give Ike a try.

Ricardo Bowring /

hey about this raffle for the Bike I remember the story about our Fellow fallen pedder but what's going with the process and raffle and how's it going down..?

Brian Mikami /

Thanks for asking rico. The project is moving ahead steadily. DonP is stripping down the frame, fork and black parts for a total resto-repaint...metallic black. Smitty is gonna seal the tank with POR and send it and the covers to me for a custom paint. He'll be doing the engine tweaks and build. We still need more donations and parts, we will try our best to make this Magnum a killer moped that will need nothing but gas and oil for some lucky person to win. Thanks to all who have donated parts and cash...the build continues...raffle will be announced when the build is running and complete.

Puch80 site for updates, pics, donors and donations...please help if you can.

http://smcmopeds.tripod.com/id15.html

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account