Garelli bearings & races

Diogenes /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I was wondering if anyone here can tell me where I can purchase new OEM rear wheel races and bearings for a Garelli N2 Sport. A friend of mine had his rear wheel bearings self destruct and therefore needs to have them replaced. Although I'm not a fan of the cup & cone bearing arrangement, it would be less work for me to just replace with OEM rather than source proper sealed bearings and machine keepers, spacers and axle to suit. The wheel is in otherwise great shape needing only clean up and truing so I am hesitant in purchasing a complete rear wheel because:

1) they appear to be difficult to find and in questionable condition if used

2) a new rear wheel would be relatively expensive... which would be difficult to justify.

Also, can anyone here tell me what the OEM axle diameter is and if it is stepped to a smaller diameter to pass through the brake backing pate or is it's diameter consistent throughout it's length?

For kicks, look at the stress fractures on these races. The pic is attached.

1123942311_garelli_races_02.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account