Re: MOTOR - SPARK PLUG QUESTION HELP.

shadow /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

ive tried super unleaded- no one has touched my moped but me. my motor is 100% stock. ive cleaned the head and the piston top exhaust system.ive messed with the timeing. still the same. handy bikes told me to break my motor in for the first 300 miles with 5 oz. of oil to a gallon of gas - after that they said to stay at 4 oz. of oil to a gal of gas. reason they say that is because you need plenty of oil to lube the internal bearings in the motor. i use a NGK -BR5HS. BEFORE I HAD A HOTTER PLUG , THE PLUGS IVE TRIED ARE THE PLUGS THEY SAID I COULD USE. THE ORHER PLUGS WERE LONGER . THE BR5HS IS SHORTER I LIVE IN A VERY HOT CLIMATE AREA. IM 10 MILES FROM REYNOSA MEXICO. WERE IN THE UPPER 90S AND 100+ TEMPS. ** YOU THINK I SHOULD DROP A 1/2 OZ OF OIL TO SEE WHAT THAT DOES ** THANKS DOUG

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account