Tomos Targa LX Late Shift?

Ok, I own a Tomos Targa LX and I have had it for around a year, and now when I drive my moped It takes really long to shift, Like it take sometimes atleast 1/2 Mile of flat just to get it to shift, somtimes a lot faster, but then when it shifts it only goes 30 MpH max, its going a lot slower than before it has 3857 Miles on it and i don't know if there is Transmission fluid that can be changed in a moped but I haven't done that yet, if anyone has a clue please give some info, thanks.

Re: Tomos Targa LX Late Shift?

there carbon build up in the pipe clean it out and it will run alot better just did it to my moped that has 3280 miles went from going 33 to going 38

Zack Cunningham /

Ok, I will try it, thanks.

Zack Cunningham /

but How did you clean it out like with what and how lol?

Also Change your Tranny oil... Should be changed every 1,000 - 2,000 miles.

Alan

Zack Cunningham /

Wheres the Transmission Oil fluid place at to fill it? or Change it? I have no Idea where to find it.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

Zack Cunningham /

What kinda of Transmission fluid should I get for my TTLX, and do i need to take the engine off to do it?

I would think just reguular Automatic Transmission fluid...but not sure, and I'm having the same problem....how should i clean out the pipe? I'm having the same problem..and for the tranny, just let it drain then add at the top?

Zack Cunningham /

Yeah I think so I bet when I empty mine it, none will come out lol

Also, how do i remove the baffle pipe on the biturbo, and can i flush the carbon out with like a hose if thats the problem?

lol...well, i think i'll do that later, send me an e mail if yours runs any better, ttyl and good luck

Put ATF Type F fluid in the trans.

remove the drain plug under the motor and let it all drain out. Put the drain plug back in and remove the side plug, and the top plug BOTH. With a funnel or something, add ATF untill it dribbles out the hole in the side of the trans. them imediatly replace the side screw and then the top screw. Than your set!! If you dont have any fluid in your transmission now, and it has been doing it for long, you might have screwed up your transmission.

Zack Cunningham /

Yeah I definately need some Tranny fluid LMAO

a hose dont help much enless its all broken up cuz the carbon sticks to the pipe

i used a snake like the pluming one and put like a stealwire round brush on it and pulled it though and though again for like 5 mins but take the baffler out first then use the hose last to flush it out

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account