vespa ciao that stalls

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i have a 1977 vespa ciao that is stalling out everytime i apply the rear brake. incidentally, when i put the rear brake on, the tail light dims(as soon as i apply the brake). when i release the brake, the light goes back to full strength...not that this matters, because the bike only runs for about one second after the rear brake has been pulled.

it starts up again, but does the same thing every time i stop at a red light or just in traffic. i was initially steered in the direction of it being a tail light issue, since i didn't see the brake light going on when it should, but i put in a new bulb and it's doing the same thing.

note, the front brake doesn't seem to do this, as far as i've seen. any ideas or theories would be of great help. thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account