naive to vespa bravo..help..

so i bought this bike for 100 bucks..it wouldnt run. someone took it for me and basically cleaned it up..cleaned the carb..the gast tank (as much as possible), the fuel petcock. now is still really really hard to start. he said it needs a new gasline and the gas tank could use some more cleaning...but should it start easier than what he got it to? it really takes a lot of work...maybe im just weak! let me know..

Re: naive to vespa bravo..help..

side note....does anyone know what to do about front fork problems? do i need an oil for that? its extremly important that i fix that ..but i dont know where to start...ill go flying if i slam on my brakes

Hey Jesica ride it down a steep hill and try to start( if its a pedal start). If it starts up easier, its most likely a carb problem.

Start by studying the Vespa Piaggio Service Manual Ciao, Bravo & Si on THIS page .. The writer was not completely familiar with the English language but it's better than nothing.. Page 74-on has info on the front suspension..

If a squirt of Starter Fluid gets it easily started the guy was right.. the fuel system needs some more work.

Jessica,

So how does the bike run, otherwise? I mean, once it's started. Does it idle, how are the acceleration and top speed?

thats the thing i havent even had the chance to ride it..but when its started..and you touch the brake..it shuts off...and while its idling...it kinda gets loud up and down..how do i say it...vrooom........vroooooom...VRROOOOM...vrooom.

Bruce Wilkinson /

If the brake light bulb is burnt out ,it will stop the engine when you put the brakes on . Check the bulb. It's a 6 volt bulb. bruce

just like i like em naive aqnd good lookin but about your problem try startin fluid also when u get a new ped unless it runs great i would clean it all also if it had a flat the guy prolly couldnt find the stuff to fix it so it was prolly sittin for forever also if u all could give your 2 cents worth

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/209887/209863/ i wanted a womans opinion

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account