Tomos Speed?

Ok got the airsal kit on my moped (tomos a-35) and i dont know but it seems to be running REALLY loud then a couple of days ago and ive lost some speed. I Know that some are going to say exhaust leak but no coming from that its just strange that i lost some top end speed for some odd reason.COuld be because of it being hot outside but just weird one day your doing 46-48---lucky and then next 40 42 i just dont know some ideas would be nice.Im going to put a different jet in it maybe running alittle lean when it runs lean it runs a little rough so ill up jet and see what happens but just someideas would be great. O-yeah tecnigas pipe too 58 jet.

Re: Tomos Speed?

If a bike will run perfect at times but has some intermittant problem, a likely cause is fuel delivery is erratic. Check the entire fuel pathway .. gas cap vent .. everything. There are lots of reasons, aside from a main jet, that a bike can starve for fuel and run lean at times.

Hot weather will tend to make the air:fuel ratio richer, not leaner. Hot air is less dense so there's less oxygen per volume of hotter air.

Dan i kno u think im a an idiot but i read this on a web site........did u run the moped at fulll throttle for the first couple hundred miles? if so u are only sopposed to run it 3/4 of the throttle i read it at <www.speedkit.com> i think its under support

Chris CMM

Don Pflueger /

when installing an airsal kit you MUST put blue loc-tite on the 4 intake manifold bolts. the vibration from the kit loosens them up very quickly. the noise and loss of top end is probably from them being loose.

try cleaning out the pipe my buddy has his moped doing the same thing and he cleand out the pipe and it worked fine. See after a while carbon will build up on the pipe wall which will in turn let less of the exauxt out the faster it leaves the pipe the better

Ian Steedman /

hey donp, do you know if that is also true for athena kits?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account