puch maxi headlight! WTF!!!

Michael Romano /

How do you put the headlight back into the frame that holds it.. i was outside earlier about to take pics of the bike, when i pressed on the glass lens and the whole thing seemed to just fall back into the frame? I have taken the headlight off and i cant see anyway to fix this problem. There were about 5-6 metal clips that fell out, but i have no clue how to put them back in.. Can some one help me out with this, Via a drawing/picture/or just tell me how to do it?

Michael~

Re: puch maxi headlight! WTF!!!

Brian Mikami /

Those clips are kinda wierd. I recall a slot of some sort to center the bulb. Once done, take a clip, hook the open ends of the 'V' under the chrome bezel lip, and puch the bottom of the 'V' against the back of the bulb. It should click in place...I had about 8 clips, but only managed to get 4 in...seems to hold fine, a real PITA, but it works. Good luck.

Michael Romano /

Thanks man,

Michael~

Wear saftey glasses and use needle nose pliers those clips almost put my eye out!Jim

Michael Romano /

well i finally figured it out.. i had to put them in twice.. the first time i did it i put them in backwards so the housing wouldnt snap together!

michael~

the headlight bulb clips on my puch maxi annoyed me.....now the bulb is held in place with 2 springs streatched accross the back ....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account