replace headlight on a pa 50 II

Patrick Mattison /

What would make a good replacement? I can't spend $30 for a headlight from online.

Re: replace headlight on a pa 50 II

Here's how we do it in Poland. The high intensity light is as bright as the OEM 6v. Hobbit bulb.

Where is it written that you must use origial equipment?

Patrick Mattison /

could you send that picture again please?

it's link has no file extension ..

hold the Shift key and click the hobbit_headlight link .. save as zzz.bmp or zzz.jpg

once it's on your computer, open it with a graphics viewer ..

Patrick Mattison /

thank you joew heres the pic

Patrick Mattison /

As i mentioned in another thread, i did manage to find a way to preserve the PA50's stock sealed beam lamp and it's mounting/adjusting tabs.

The short story is to pry back the metal around the lens, remove the glass lens. Then de-solder the lamp in the rear and remove it. Then install a small halogen bulb. High-temp silicone will hold the lamp in place.. and silicone will waterproof and re-seal the glass lens into place. I've run like this for nearly a year, low beam only, and i'm satisfied. If it ever pops, a new one is $5 at Home Depot.

Psiacrew!

I lied.

Here is how we <really> do it in Poland.

yeah stupid polish people lol jk you could also buy one of those big flashlights that have the square 6 v battery toss the battery and run it off the electrical system and remember a little duct tape goes a little ways so use a whole roll

Patrick Mattison /

pic

I bought a unit off ebay. It has a replaceable bulb. The mounting points are correct. You have to adapt the wiring a bit.

It came from K&L Supply Co. 1040 Richard Ave. Santa Clara, CA 95050 P/N 23-8104 The bulb that was in the kit from K&L was a 25w unit. The place where I bought it from had changed it to the proper 6V 15/15 item.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account