pedal crankshaft

so ill start to pedal to get it started, and it takes about 1-3 revolutions before the pedal gear even catches. like pedaling and not going anywhere. what can the problem be

Re: pedal crankshaft

Make, model, year?

its a 1977 kreidler flory, it just started doing this to me. its getting really annoying

Jason Luther /

does it have a seperate peddal chain, like a puch? or are the peddels connected right to the engine like a morini?

seperate pedal chain

I think it's got a start-clutch lever and cable like the MP9?

Try adjusting it.

Jason Luther /

the freewheel sprocket is probably wearing out. this happened on my honda. i tried respapeing the little teeth inside but they wore down again very quikley. i then tried buying a bicycle freewheel, but it wouldnt fit. finally i just robbed a tooth from a different ped.

yeah.. that sounds more like it if the rear wheel isn't turning at all.

I've messed with freewheels .. Pretty simple internally once you get it open... 2 little cogs with tiny springs .. cogs may need to be lubed or something if they dont catch right away.

Jason Luther /

and a lot of little teeny tiny balls. seriously there is a lot

well now it wont move the bike when i pedal, so i think the freewheel is properly fucked. however t heres a local bike store in town and they do downhill bikes and all kinds of stuff as well as bieng a dealer for whizzer mopeds. think ill have any luck there???

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account