V1 soft seize - what now?

Chris Reilly /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

ok, so last night my engine soft-siezed -- stopped dead at full throttle. i think the problem was caused by my swing arm pushing down on the muffler, thus loosening it. i could feel a little air leak coming out of it when i re-started the engine.

so today i took the cylider off and found what look like a couple little smears of metal on either side of the exhaust port. there is a pic attached of what it looks like.

i had to get it home, cause it was starting to rain, and i didnt really want to leave it on the street in chicago. it seemed only to have lost a little bottom end power, but not too big of a difference.

what, if anything, should i do now? i've never dealt with a soft seize before.

i have not done a plug chop yet, but i am running a 14/14 dellorto carb with a 57 jet and a snail exhaust. so maybe i need to mess with the fuel/air ratio as well.

any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

-chris

1123185827_imgp0496.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account