Problem in transmission

I am looking at buying this moped but there's a problem with the transmission. Or at least I think it's the transmission. When you try to start it up the pedals lock on you most of the time. Then you pull them back and you might get one kick in but then it locks up again. The guy says the engine runs and he had it running for me but it makes a clanking noise. It's a minarelli engine. How much do you think it would be to fix this problem?

Re: Problem in transmission

Don Pflueger /

depends on what the problem is and how many parts need to be replaced. i would look around unless this guy is selling this bike durt cheap and you have good mechanical skills and money to repair it.

this is basically the only one i can afford. i have $400 and that's not enough to get the mopeds for sale in NJ because most of them are ttlxs. i don't want to spend too much because i'm going to have my license in 2 years. if this helps he said it was working about a week ago and while he was riding it just stopped on him and the engine started to clank and then died. the frame is still in great condition.

John Joedicke /

Well its a none runner so 50 bucks would seem like a lot for it.

Don Pflueger /

the frame may be in good shape but if the engine is bad, what good is the frame? you'll be out more money to buy an engine or parts. for $400 you can buy a really good running ped that needs no repairs. that bike is barely worth $50 if the engine is knocking and locking up. what make and model bike is it anyway?

Motomarina sebring with a minarelli V1 engine instead of a sebring engine.

Don Pflueger /

hmmmmm. how much does the guy want for it? a sebring is a nice bike and minerelli parts are available. there is no such thing as a sebring engine. these bikes only came with the franco morini 1 or 2 speed engines, or the minerelli v1.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account