stuck piston

hey there everyone,

Ive reassembled my engine recently and continue to have a stuck piston problem (after the 2nd time reassembling). The first assembly I know I didnt use enough 2 stroke oil on the cylinder and piston but the walls and piston were ok upon inspection and after reassembling it, it continues to plague me. Where might I turn the engine over by hand? My rear tire simply locks up now and i need to get this thing running (Im eager to ride!) let me know all,

Taylor

Re: stuck piston

Jason Luther /

how did it get stuck in the first place? ie why did you take the engine apart?

well, the intake manifold is kind of stuck to the cylinder right now (stuck more on the studs than the cylinder) but to take off the carb i had to pull the engine apart a bit to allow me to slide the barb off so i then decided to do some port work in there going by daves reccomendations over at 1977 and being ultra conservative with what I did. The sticking piston is baffling though, so back to the question....

Remedies by hand? help me out guys

When you did the port work, did you port all the way to the bore?

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

What am i missing here..

You got a piston that's stuck in the bore for some unknown reason.. and you want a method that will force it to "turn over"? Doesn't it seem like that might break something? Shouldn't you disassemble the cylinder and see what's stopping the piston from moving?

you can take the head off, but a small piece of wood in the cylinder and softly hit it with a hammer til its loosens up

even though this might not be the best idea in the world (to turn it over by hand) i think one of the only ways you are going to do that is to kick start in, you can use your hand to do that.

Mike

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account