Tomos GB - weirdness - help?

I have an 85 tomos golden bullet with a problem. When I start it up it runs really sluggish, and eventually stalls out. But heres the kicker: Every once in a while, I start it up and it runs like a top! It runs beautifully, but after 10-20 minutes of riding it gets sluggish again. If I turn it off, and back on it's sluggish. Now when I say sluggish, I mean it stutters, has very little torque, coughs out sputters of black smoke, hesitates, and eventually stalls. But why does it run perfectly sometimes? I don't get it!!!!!

Please help.

Bill

Re: Tomos GB - weirdness - help?

Don Pflueger /

sounds like water in the gas. clean the tank and carb out, and clean the exhaust pipe and port.

Bill Moore /

How do you clean a gas tank? Does it remove from the bike? Or do I just have to get in there with a brush?

Don Pflueger /

the tank on a golden bullet does not remove. it can be a pain to clean. i use long wire brushes (the round flexible type, like a pipe cleaner) and put them on a drill. do the best you can if the tank is rusty. flush it numerous times. you may need to kreem coat it if the rust is really bad.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account