1985 Puch Maxi-need wiring schematics

So, I recently got a '85 Puch Maxi with 1,200 miles on it. Love the thing, my motorcycles sat jealously in the garage for three days while I raised hell and front tires on the moped repeatedly. After the 60-ish mile, it died whilst riding. Just stopped running in the middle of going smooth and straight at about 25mph.

I stuck a new plug in it because the old one was black as hell. And I guess this is the good part...there was no spark. So somewhere from the plug up, I have issues. I'm not the best mechanic around, but I like taking shit apart.

So anyway, does anyone here have any advice? I'm assuming that I fried something or something just came loose due to the fact that I was actually riding this thing for the first time in a long time. Any link to the manual, schematics, or advice on how I would obtain these would be helpful.

Kelly

Re: 1985 Puch Maxi-need wiring schematics

Jason Luther /

first off, get a new plug. ngk b5hs. could be as simple as that. did you put fresh gas in there? 50:1 mix? check the air cleaner for a beehive or something.

Jason Luther /

oh go to mopedriders.org and get a wiring diagram there. the years really dont metter.

Here's a link to the Puch Service Manual

Puch's and most Mopeds take the B6HS plug points could need cleaning. Condenser might be blown but usualy the engine will fire but run poorly if this is the problem. You can test a Condenser using an Ohm meter to charge then quickly switch to an Impendance test to see how much voltage it has retained, should be around 450-500 min Impendance. Ignition Coils they say rarely go but they do go sometimes, my Puch Maxi blew her Ignition Coil the original is an internal coil so I am modifying my coil as a generator to power an original NOS External Bosch Coil. Coils are rare to go so be shure that it is gone before you ripp everything apart, I have seen to many Mopeds with irriparable damage due to guesses as to problems and and individuals getting way beyond their mechanical and electrical abilities. Mopeds are much more fragile than Motorcycles so just a warning to be carfull and patient if you want to have a reliable healthy Moped. Good Luck finding the problem

1985 Puch Maxi-need wiring schematics

May want to try a new spark plug cable. Sometimes the old ones go pretty fast.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account