Re: 84 Honda Aero 125 Scooter

well didnt bother reading all the post:s but i own an nh125 aswell and there is this site.

missionmotorcycles.com

when i got my nh125 it needed a new piston and here they had everyting i needed. my cylinder was bored out .5 and they had a .5 over sized. so i mean yeah. and if anyone needs a manual i could copy mine and send it out. of just the part you need. so let me know whats up.

nate

I've listed Honda Aero NH125 parts on ebay. Thank you.

Re: Carb & bystarter info document

Hi Dave. I've had a similar problem for the last few days. Did you ever figure out what caused it? And what did you mean by "when i plug up the vent tube from the float bowl"? I'm lost!

It sounds like this is a common problem. My 84 Aero 125 will start really hard (takes about 45 seconds to get it to start) then it will run really slowly and gradually warm up until it is running well (takes about 2 minutes) Once up and running it is fine. Scooter is at the mechanics right now and I am confident they will take care of it (Honda dealership that saw this model scooter when it was new) When I called them they said they had ordered a new "petcock" They were supposed to clean the carb out and its perfectly fine if they found parts that needed ordering but I am trying to understand this scooter better so does any one know anything about the cold starting problem or a petcock? My service manuel does not show one so I am confused.

Part was supposed to come in on August 5th so we will see if they call in a day or so to tell me scoot is repaired. I am grateful for the bystarter info tho because that makes so much more sense.

I have a nh125 honda scooter. I am looking for a manual and I have carb problems and also need to know where the wiring goes.

I would like a copy of the manual for a 84 Honda NH125 scooter. I am having carb problems and I am trying to put it back together.

honda aero 125cc scooter vin is under the frame on the left side

under ur left foot on the frame on a welded bracket

ur problem is the bysrarter electric choke system connected on the carb.

Douse the piece of shit in gas and light a match this is a moped forum not a scooter forum u stupid shit for brains.

don't mind him, that's Rockzo, he does COCAINE!!!

Hello as I am new to this I was reading this post and just thought that you might want to look at this I don't really know where you live but here goes I hope this works I found one on craigslist in Elkhart Indiana for 100.00 here is the link I hope this works for you http://southbend.craigslist.org/mcy/1301154251.html

you need to adjust the oil pump with the throttle cable that goes to the pump.there is a tab on the bump lever facing down looks like a half arrow.line this tab with the small mark on the left side of the oil pump body.you must do this with the throttle at the fully open position.turn and adjust the cable nuts until the marks are lined up at full throttle.left of the lower mark is pump in open position and to the right side of the lower mark is closed position.

your allowed 1mm on the open side.adjust and tighten cable adjuster nuts by the pump start the scoot and be ready with a small flat head screw driver to adjust idle and air screw on the carb while giving small revs.

if you took off any oil lines make sure they dont have any air bubbles.if you see white smoke and ruff engine startup shut it off cause the engine is not getting any 2 stroke oil.

Re: Carb & bystarter info document

i just modified a bystarter for Chinese scooter of same size to fit my aero 125

Re: bystarter missing needle

i just modified a bystarter for Chinese scooter of same size to fit my aero 125.you need to shape the new by starter head to look like yours using a new razor.then cut of the black tip of the old one and slide off the aluminum fitting.i cut this fitting with a hack saw and opened it up to fit over my new one the by turning it on the new one the cut part shaved the body to the size.you can use a razor /file / and sandpaper to get rid of plastic on the new one.pry the aluminum fitting with a flat head screw driver open and fit it over the new one and slowly close it with pliers while turning it.good luck

I have learned a lot from this topic thread and now my Aero 125 is up and running!

When restoring my Aero 125, I found that the low beam was burned out in my headlight. I soon discovered that these headlights haven’t been made for years, and there are no new ones available. Used ones are selling on eBay for near $100, but these are coming out of trashed scooters and are destined to burn out soon. So, I decided to retrofit the headlight assembly to use modern, replaceable halogen bulbs.

By way of giving back to the community, I have put together a 25 page step-by-step guide that explains how to do this. See attached .pdf file.

Good luck!

Evidently this board doesn't like large file attachments because the .pdf file wasn't attached to my previous post. Here is a compressed version. Let's see if this works.

Parts for your Aero 125

EK,

It's a 2 stroke. You add the oil under the seat next to where you add the gas. DO NOT let it run out of oil. To start it you have to press on the foot brake when you hit the starter button with your right thumb. Finding parts are impossible since they only made it one year. However, I have one with a bad motor and good everything else. Let me know what you need. If you're in Texas, I'll sell you the whole thing. Khy121@gmail.com or (512) 317-9700

Khy

Parting out my 84 Aero 125

I have an Aero 125 with a bad motor that I'm parting out. If anyone needs parts off the rest of it email Khy121@gmail.com or call (512) 317-9700. The scoot is in Austin, Texas but I will gladly ship parts.

Khy

has anyone had issues with the starter motor failing? i was going to restor this one, but i am reluctant to do so since the starter motor is impossible to find.

> steven kline Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> has anyone had issues with the starter motor failing? i was going to

> restor this one, but i am reluctant to do so since the starter motor is

> impossible to find.

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nh125-aero-125-1984-e-usa_model1169/partslist/E++04.html

jeez, 300 bucks? ridiculous. thats more than i paid for the scoot. lol

i will just fix it up a bit and sell... wack. or also research how hard it is to rebuild the starter motor instead.

or ill just drill start it if the starter motor dies. lol

Jack Rutherford /

I used to have one but did Honda, in their vast wisdom, delete the kick starter? I forget.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account