tomos seems to be getting to much air?

hey everyone, i just joined up here at moped army but i have been visiting for a while and have picked up on a few things here and there. but anyway the point to this post is as follows...

I have have 3 mopeds in my time but this is the first with a major problem. my ped is a tomos targa lx. and i have been able to ride it no problem all summer. and now it seems to be bogging out when i give it some throttle. my guess is that its taking in to much air because i can ride with the choke half way down or a little more. any suggestions to the solution to this problem? any help is appreciated. thanx everyone!

...rob..

Re: tomos seems to be getting to much air?

If fuel flow is restricted, restricting some air intake will artificially correct the air:fuel ratio... it sounds like something is partially blocking fuel flow.

hmm, thats a good possibility. i did run outta gas the other day and didnt run it for a few days. think some remaining gas gelled up? ill give the carb a good cleaning and see what happens.

it doesn't take much .. one tiny flake of varnish from dried gasoline gets sucked up the main jet and stuck.. and fuel flow is reduced..

thanks man ill give it a good cleaning and see what happens. sounds like a reasonable cause.

cleaned her out and shes running like a champ agian! thanx joew!

Don Pflueger /

tighten the four intake manifold mounting screws. its a very common problem on these engines.

Don Pflueger /

i doubt the gas went bad and jelled up that fast. may have sucked dirt from the bottom of the tank tho. check the filter on the side of the carb where the fuel line hooks up.

yeah the intake manifold screws were loose, im glad that u said something donp! or else i would be sitting here pissed off not knowing what to do! thanx!

Don Pflueger /

your welcome

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account