Honda Express making a crazy noise and not running

So I finally got the Express running, it was to rich so we added more gas last night and it was running fine. This morning I went to fire it up and rode it and got about a block and it died. I kept kick starting it and it was running but would die if I gave it too much gas. I kept doing this for a while hoping that the engine just needed to warm up. Then I pulled the spark plug to check it, it was a little light colored so I figured I was running a little lean. I put the spark plug back in and when I went to start it it make a really weird noise and the wheel would lock up. So I went to bring it home and I started walking it home and without the motor running I walked it home and the wheel would lock up and make the crazy noise from the engine. I'm not really sure what to do. Did I seize the engine?

Any help would be great, sorr for such a long explanation.

Nick

Re: Honda Express making a crazy noise and not run

Jonas Quimby /

I honestly cant say for certain what happened.

If your back wheel has locked up, something has jammed/broken in the transmission. The engine locking up alone wouldnt do it as the clutch would let the rest of the transmission turn just fine.

Thanks for you reply, what do you suggest I do? Should I just take it to the Honda shop or is it pretty easy to work on the transmission?

Thanks,

Nick

Hey! Go here! Expess EXPERTS!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/26489

This forum is moderated. A post might not appear for a few hours or up to a day. I do my best to get postings up ASAP.

The MopedWhiz is sureto have an idea what your problem is. don-ohio (:^D

Jonas Quimby /

If you have gobs of money burning a hole in your pocket, then go ahead and take it to the honda shop. Might as well mail me some while you're at it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account