Moped taking 20 kicks to start

I have, a golden bullet, and it take a lot of effort and time to start. I also think its running rich. Could this be the problem or may the carb be clogged? I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on this before i get down to work.

Thanks

Re: Moped taking 20 kicks to start

I would first change the plug and see how it starts. Then if that doesn't help, clean carb, and last try cleaning points and cecking timing.

Could be the needle valve is allowing gas thru, and the extra kicks required are need to clear out the flooded condition. Check that the carb float and needle valve work properly? don-ohio

starting fluid

I stil have no idea but when i ride it down a hill it starts up with out the amount of effort, as opposed to when its on flat ground. Today i took my carb out and it seemed very clean but the choke lever didn't seem to pop up. Thanks Don it looked like the float needle wasn't funtioning properly but anyways i won a bid on a new carb for 33 bucks including shiping(good deal). I'll put the carb in and see how it turns out.

Thank you all for your responses!

Thanks Don it looked like it was the needle valve.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account