Bearings going at 1300 miles.

I was riding my Tomos LX (04) the other day and noticed that it was riding funny. When I got home I gave it a once over and discovered that my swing-arm AND my front fork bearings were loose. Not the ones in the wheels mind you, the ones in the frame.

I can wiggle the rear swing-arm left and right about a centameter, and if you put the kick-stand down and lean the bike back the front end jiggles about the same.

I dont ride on rough rodes and all the miles on it have been pretty easy going. Is this something that naturally happens during the break-in period? The last bike I had NEVER had this problem. It was a 78 and it was SOLID.

Thanks.

Go nuts.

DannyMoped07

Re: Bearings going at 1300 miles.

The swing arm actualy has no bearings, All of my tomos seem to have a bit of side to side play.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

My idea is to try using poly washers at the swing arm and kick stand and see if that helps. I'll let you know how it goes.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

swingarm side play is a problem on all bikes.. my guess is the play was always there but you never noiced it.

First adjust your steering tube bearings.. tighten the nut(s) so there is zero slop but the wheel swings freely side to side with no friction.. test ride and see if everything' normal again.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account