cylinder cleaning?

Hey...I'm about to go get a new cylinder to replace my old one,

(replacing it because the threds on the old one are totaly worn out, so i cant attach the exhaust)

but, the person im getting the cyclender from says that some of his friends wer messing around w/ the bike and wer putting apples in it to 'cool it down', lol, so i was wondering if i would be able to use this cylinder if i just cleand it up...

thx for the help

-Rob G

Re: cylinder cleaning?

Tom Winters /

I assume they didn't put them inside the cylinder head, only on the cooling fins. If they put anything inside, they might have scratched the cylinder and or piston which could have ruined it. You should be very careful handing the piston cylinder and head. If you must - carefully wash them with dish soap and warm water. Rinse them well and dry them carefully. Don't use anything that would be abrasive at all. After washing them I sometime rinse them with a little rubbing alcohol to dry them better, then I apply a little bit of oil to aid in assembly.

Good luck

Tom W

Re: cylinder cleaning?

Don Pflueger /

put apples in it where? if they were not in the cylinder, then there should be no damage to the cylinder. the only thing i would worry about is whether the juice from the apples caused any kind of acidic damage. but if they were not in the cylinder, then there's nothing to worry about.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account