TFR/USA lights.

All 4 blinkers (turn indicators) , the blinker light and my hi-lo headlight indicator went out, presumably at the same time.

The hi-lo headlight works ok as does the brake and tail light.

Where do I start looking, in the instrument panel or??

Thanks,

Dave

Re: TFR/USA lights.

If all your light stop working at the same time it's perhaps your rectifier

i'd start with the wiring diagram in your user manual.

the color coated wiring schemes are on page 22.

there could be one or several points of disconnection.

Dave Mcgarry /

"If all your light stop working at the same time it’s perhaps your rectifier"

Thanks, but the headlight, tail light and brake light seem to be working fine.

Dave Mcgarry /

"i’d start with the wiring diagram in your user manual.

the color coated wiring schemes are on page 22.

there could be one or several points of disconnection."

Czar -

Thank you, but as far as I can tell, those pages really don't have a wiring diagram, per se.

Looks like all they show is the various components.

If I am missing something, please tell me

Dave Mcgarry /

Czar -

My apologies!

I was looking in the 'Spare Parts Catalogue'.

Our house is being renovated and I misplaced the "User Manual'.

I looked at the Schematic on page #22, and the most likely culprit seems to be the 6-pin connector right in the middle of the page.

http://www.cosmotor.com/images/TFR_web_wiring.jpg

Do you have any idea what the physical location of that connector is, or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks,

Dave

no problem, dave. i was looking at the wiring on my tfr-usa and i noticed an area where you might want to check. atop the front end of the rear wheel there is a housing where several wires meet and could likely come loose. again, i think your connection is the white to orange wires. keep looking and if you have a way to get a look under the bike, it may be easier.

You may have a defective voltage regulator unit.

I think I remember a similar problem I had with a customer's TFR and replacing the Voltage regulator resolved the problem

Dave Mcgarry /

Thanks, zippy!

Would a bad voltage regulator still allow the headlight, taillight and brake light to operate properly?

I will be certain to check it - do you know where it is located physically?

Thanks much!

Dave

I'll have to check a USA for the location. It used to be another little black box above or near the CDI unit on the right side of the bike. You have to take the side cover off to see it.

Also on the TFR I had to take the cowling off under the front frame to unplug the voltage regulator wire bundle connector that connected to the lights wiring harness.

The Voltage Regulator (VR)is the black box just above the frame mounted on the inside of the frame. There is a wire bundle from the VR (2 yellow and a Black wire) that is connected to another wire harness under the front of the frame cowling.

The other point of failure could be the Turn Sig Flasher unit. It is another black box with a Pink, Pnk/Black and Pink/White wires connected to it. Not sure of it's location on the bike.

see attached pic of the VR

Check your warranty period. Some of the TFR USAs had a longer warranty period than others as a special offer.

Then I suggest you fill out the form on this link http://www.cosmotor.com/service.htm and send it to Cosmotors to see if they can shed some light on whether it is the flasher unit or VR. Maybe they could send you the flasher unit first and see if that fixes the problem. If not the VR next and let you return the Flasher unit for credit.

1122619747_hpim0137.jpg

THE FLASHER IS AT THE REAR OF THE MOPED JUST ABOVE THE REAR FENDER INFRONT OF THE TOOL BOX.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account