Fresh oil on the ground

Angie /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Okay, I was having some issues before with my moped leaking oil. (1987 Trac Olympic) The only thing was, the oil was black and already burnt, but was coming out where the exhaust was leaking. I got that fixed. Now here we go again with another issue. I haven't started my ped or anything for like 5 days, and it has been sitting on the porch. Well I went out the other day and saw some oil on the ground, but assumed it was from the lawn mower, and just moved my moped. Well today when I went outside and looked, again a nice little puddle of oil on the ground and it's fresh. I checked my oil level, and it has dropped a bit, so I know it's leaking, but I don't know where the hell it's coming from. I looked up underneath the moped, but didn't see anything...so I felt around the general area underneath, and again, nothing. It seems to be coming out somewhere right above the kickstand, as the oil is all around the kick stand on the left side more than the right. Anyone have any suggestions?? I also noticed there is a hose that is unhooked and hanging down, but there's no oil in the hose, or any oil residue....so I'm going to see if I can get the cover off and check out where that hose needs to go. I'm hoping that this hose is all that is wrong, but I have no clue. If it is the hose that brings oil to the engine, thank God I haven't run it, or I could have siezed the piston. My main thing is....if it is the hose that delivers the oil...then why is there still oil in the tank???? Hmmm...I'm confused. I don't want to start it up and risk siezing it up until I know what I'm dealing with. Anyone please help out a fellow ped owner with this one??? Thanks in advance.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account