puch 1-speed thick white smoke...seals?

Sean Caron /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

hey guys

i have a puch maxi sport that i am working on fixing up. it runs pretty well but after running it for a while pretty hard, like a half hour maybe, it starts belching a thick white smoke.. i mean, thick.. like i leave a trail behind me a block long! it smells like ass, too. the bike still seems to run okay, like i got it home fine and have even taken it for a couple of quick spins around the block since then, but not yet another long ride. no strange noises or anything

i have a sneaking suspicion, bolstered by reading another post in this forum, that i might have a bad seal and be burning tranny fluid. assumedly i need to replace the seals. unfortunately all the responses to the last post were all smart-ass and shit and nobody really gave a good response that i would actually spend money by.

so i ask: does this really sound like a seals problem? if so, this is what i want to buy, right?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account