Re: Moped Repair and Restoration in Thornhill

steve matichuk /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

hello,

i have a 1975 honda PC50 that has fallen ill. here's what's wrong with the bike:

1) the rear brake cable snapped where it attaches to the lever. is this repairable or replacable with a newer part? the bike has disk brakes on both ends.

2) a couple of days ago while i was riding, the bike suddenly started to lose power, and eventually stalled out. it happened to me once with an old (honda) car and turned out to be the ignition coil and battery. i haven't tried to restart the bike since, but commonly rely on the "bump-start" method as opposed to the traditional pedal start due to the awkward length of the crank arms. is this really bad for the bike? i was told it's okay either way.

3) this item is not as important as the bike seemed to run perfectly in spite of the following damage: a previous owner seems to have smashed the exhaust off of something; probably a curb or the like. the collision has bent the whole assembly toward the rear of the bike (about 1 1/2 ") causing it to not line up with the mount built into the frame, and a gap between the start of the exhaust pipe and the bottom of the engine block.

as a fellow, albeit recent enthusiast, i would love to utilize your talents if you think that you can make my audrey well again. please contact me via email at stevenmatichuk@hotmail.com,

or better yet by phone (in toronto) at 416-899-7886.

thanks for any future consideration,

PLEASE HELP!

steve matichuk

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account