5000 miles

My Puch Maxi is 183 miles from reaching 5000 and is showing signs of age. I regularly perform basic maintenance (cleaning carb, tank, etc.) but lately I have been having problems with power. I seems to be not as fast off the line as it used to be. Does anyone have any advice (overhauls and things)? It would be fantastic, thanks a lot.

Re: 5000 miles

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

new rings. that always helps. how does the spark look? also have you ever cleaned your pipe? if you have carbon buildup then you lose flow and it robs a lot of power.

change the contact points and the plug, that should help a bit

3 of my bikes are at the 30,000 mile mark one is in km. I just started to hear a rattle on my Puch it's the gugeon pin so I will repace -piston rings and pin- but it just goes to show if a moped is of a good make it will go forever. Happy Riding

The spark is very strong and I have cleaned the exhaust port and I plan on cooking the pipe later this week.

once you burn out the carbon that should help, if not replace the rings like someone else already said, could be a compression issue

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account