minarelli V1-Clutch not activating the Flywheel???

Hey guys, I just finished puting a brand new cylinder and piston on my Minarelli V1 for my motron medalist. the old piston was cracked and scratched and i barely had any compression. After looking a while to find the parts and then waiting for them to come in the bike starts up pretty easily and idles good. But now when i go to start it it seems as though the clutch is not activating the flywheel. no matter how hard i pedal or kick while holding the clutch in I can't get the flywheel to turn consistently and now i can't get it started at all. I have good spark good compression and a very clean carb. I tightened the clutch cable but to no avail. I fear that i may have to open my crankcase and that scares me a little.

help

Re: minarelli V1-Clutch not activating the Flywhee

try unscrewing the screw that is the oil line in the crankcase to let some oil out. is the clutch engaging at all? i had this problem after i rebuild mine and i simply had too much oil in. when you pull the clutch lever does it get harder after you pull it, if you you have to tighten it up

See Ya Moped Army /

You could have worn pads on your starter clutch plate or the little ball thingy in the middle of the starter clutch plate could be busted. These are both easy to fix.

If you over tighten the clutch cable the clutch plates will be dragging all the time and wear out very quickly.

I think that the plates are probably worn and the new high compression is making too much work for it.

medalistenthusiast /

Thanks alot guys i'll tell u how i make out.

I just happened to be browsing through the repair forums and i've come across the same problem. The ball bearing on my clutch pressure place is completely flat and pitted. Any idea where I can find this part?

handybikes usually has a great store of minarelli parts

If you find any... better get to. No joke either.

Hmm... I was told I got the last one a long time ago..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account