BUSTED SPOKES ---- SAVE ME

I busted 3 spokes on my 1977 Intramotor Gloria's back wheel.

I can't locate the spokes. What on earth should I do?

Re: BUSTED SPOKES ---- SAVE ME

To clarify, I have checked bike shops, but their's are too thin ---- I've checked motorcycle shops, but theirs are too thick.

Does anyone have moped sized spokes (I'll take a solid measurement later)? Does anyone know where I can find them?

If I tighten up all the other spokes will it be ok to ride?

2mm X 175 mm

Breaking 3 spokes on a rear wheel compromises the integrity of the wheel. Spoked wheels act like a shock absorber, distorting and returning to their original shape when you hit a bump. When you break spokes the stress that should be absorbed by the 3 spokes is redistributed to other spokes, which might become overstressed and catastrophically fail. I wouldn't use any spoked wheel that has 3 broken spokes because your wheel will become worse and worse and may taco or otherwise cause you to crash.

Do an internet search on spoked wheels. If you can't get the exact thickness spoke, go thicker. You'll also need spoke nipples to match the spokes. This needs to be fixed quickly if you want to continue to ride.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account