carb kit for batavus...help

I just got a batavus regency and I finally finished putting it back together and I found out my petcock and carb are leaking. Does anyone know where I can find new gaskets for either of these. I would really like to find a complete carb kit for it, but I know that is probably unlikely. Also, how do I get off the pulley wheel for the belt. I can't figure out how to hold it in place so that i can turn the nut. I need to remove it so that I can get the carb off. Thanks for the help.

Re: carb kit for batavus...help

Don Pflueger /

an encarwi carb from an older tomos, say 84, will work with the batavus. you only need to know whether or not your carb has a removeable jet holder.

they dont sell carb kits for the encarwi, but moped junkyard has some parts.............I ended up buying a new bing on ebay , because it was only 30 bucks and the parts to fix my encarwi were like 50 bucks,,,,,,,,,,,is it leaking out the little vent hole on the float chamber?

I'm not quite sure where the leak was coming from, it seemed to be coming from everywhere. It also seemed like it was coming out of the opening that the airbox attaches to, is that normal. Any help on how I can get that wheel off, so I can pull the carb off the bike.

Don Pflueger /

you need a new carb top and float needle. what you are experiencing is normal for any carb when the needle and seat no longer seal and shut off the gas flow. common causes are;

worn needle and seat

dirt lodged between the needle and seat

leaking float

binding float

bent pin in the float (encarwi)

unfortunetly you cannot replace just the seat. it is part of the carb top. www.ikesbikes.com is the cheapest place to get these parts and like i said, you need to order them for a 1980's model a3 tomos engine.

Don Pflueger /

you need a new carb top and float needle. what you are experiencing is normal for any carb when the needle and seat no longer seal and shut off the gas flow. common causes are;

worn needle and seat

dirt lodged between the needle and seat

leaking float

binding float

bent pin in the float (encarwi)

unfortunetly you cannot replace just the seat. it is part of the carb top. www.ikesbikes.com is the cheapest place to get these parts and like i said, you need to order them for a 1980's model a3 tomos engine.

Does anyone know if the encarwi A83 carb from a tomos bullet will work on this batavus, I was also wondering if anyone knows what other petcocks will work with this bike, or where I can find a replacement for mine.

Don Pflueger /

the encarwi on the batavus has a choke, the tomos does not.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account