CLEANED CARB AND STILL NO GAS TO ENGINE

I cleaned the carb on my 1984 handa areo 125 but there is still noo gas getting to the engine... what could be wrong now

CLEANED CARB AND STILL NO GAS TO ENGINE

Are you getting gas from the petcock ? (I'm assuming it has one. Not familiar with that bike) Turn off the petcock and disconnect the fuel line from the carb. Put the end in to a container and turn the petcock back on. Getting fuel? If not, maybe your petcock is plugged. There's not too much between the gas tank and the carb so it can't be too many things!

Re: CLEANED CARB AND STILL NO GAS TO ENGINE

Does it have one of those vacuum operated petcocks?

If you get no fuel out of the pipe after you have disconnected it at the carb end, siphon out the thank and take the petcock off to check it out.

its getting gas to the carb

there is gas going to the carb but not to the engine and the carb is completely clean so i have no idea why its not getting gas to the engine

Re: its getting gas to the carb

Edward Richardson /

It will be the little needle connected to the float has gummed up in the bore. Carb cleaner will sprayed into the hole will solve this.

My carb is clean

I cleaned the carb and theres nothing gummed up so the problem can't be a dirty carb.

Re: My carb is clean

zactly how did you confirm that no gas is getting into the engine?

Re: CLEANED CARB AND STILL NO GAS TO ENGINE

Does it have an automatic choke?

The hole that sucks gas directly out of the float bowl

for the choke is very tiny. Cleaning with carb spray won't clean it if it becomes clogged, you have to use a very thin wire to clean it.

Just a thought.

Spence

staring

Well when i try to start it it just cranks and when you take the spark plug out its not wet at all... then when you spray staring fliud into the airbox it sputters and trys to start

starting

Well when i try to start it it just cranks and when you take the spark plug out its not wet at all... then when you spray staring fliud into the airbox it sputters and trys to start

Re: starting

sputters and tries? Do you mean it doesn't actually start and run for two or three seconds with Starter Fluid?

no it never acually starts but without the starting fluid it does noting

it sounds like you have some problem other than fuel delivery to the engine .. most likely ignition..

try a new spark plug.. you'd be amazed how often this cures it. Plugs die with no warning and no evidence the plug is bad except that it doesn't work anymore.

Get that new plug and then clamp it's metal base to the engine .. use a big clamp or something.. Attach the plug wire boot to the plug.

Crank the engine over.. you should see a blue sparking at the electrodes..

:

If you see spark and Starter Fluid still doesn't start the engine, the problem is something else .. do a compression check with a compression gauge. Go over the entire engine and look for loose nuts and bolts that may be causing an air leak or a vacuum leak or a loss of compression..

you need spark, fuel and compression to run the engine.

When you remove the float bowl is there fuel in the carb or is it dry?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account