Vespa grande flywheel puller

Hi swarm-members,

Anybody around the twin cities, MN area got a puller to get the flywheel off a Grande engine shaft?

I 've got an old Haynes book for Ciao and Bravo and it gives a number T0035485 for the puller.

I've tried the soft mallet, gloves, etc. - no dice.

Swarm on, bruthas & sistuhs

ratboy

Re: Vespa grande flywheel puller

I have Vespa mopeds parts for sale including the flywheel puller. Please email me at zippymoped@yahoo.com for prices.

ratboy,

I have a handful of various pullers.. if you can tell me the thread size and pitch you need, I'll let you know. Happy to loan a tool, with a deposit.

I've lost way too many tools over the years to just hand them out, these days.

This may sound like i'm joking but i'm not. I've worked on lots of vespa engines, and i've never used a pulley. Get yourself a rubber mallet, and wail on the edge of the magneto. It'll come loose, i promise. If you earch for this topic, i'm sure you'll find more info to back me up on this.

Jeff Strahle /

using a mallet will absolutley destroy the magneto. Thats what happened to my tomos when i tried the first time with a mallet. The magnets in my magneto broke and the magneto got bent. instead of wasting 25.00 on a flywheel puller i wasted 70.00. 45.00 for a new magneto and the original 25.00 for the puller.

Jeff

Not on the Vespa. They aren't mounted on a tapered shaft like most other mopeds, so a quick whack with a mallet should pop it loose so you can pull it straight off the shaft. I'd try some Liquid Wrench or something to try and get it unstuck.

Y'all:

I appreciate every one of your responses and suggestions.

Thanks.

Matt, your last comment gives me the "courage" to persevere without the "proper" tools ;o) Tapered shaft couplings that haven't been apart for 25 years - been there - used a special puller and some heat.

If this is a straight shaft, (need to look at the pictures in my manual, I guess) some penetrant, wacks on the the hub, and a hair dryer for some heat, might be worth another go.

Legendre, you're pretty close to where I live so if there is a need to use your pullers I'll let you know for sure - thank you.

ok - I will say this: of the various technical type forums I've tried on the web this group is tops

Thanks again - i'll let ya know how it goes.

ratboy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account