Re: another diagram

william /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello, sorry it's been a while since my last update. So I investigated much into this no spark problem. I replaced the new condensor this afternoon with another new condensor, and still no spark. I replaced the points tonight and got a big fat blue spark, so I figured it was just a matter of replacing the points. So after I tested the spark, I set the timing, though I set it _very_ inaccurately. I stuck the spark plug in and turned it over and it wouldn't start. After a couple times it make this high pitched squeek, like air being blown through a small hole, or a gasket perhaps. I took off the muffler and turned it over again. This time there was a huge back fire and an even bigger blue flame that shot out of the exhaust pipe. Seriously. Big huge blue flames shoot out of my exhaust pipe, and they're always accompanied by a backfire type of sound, sometimes louder, sometimes quieter. I have no idea. I'm thinking it may be incorrect ignitioin timing, like, way off ignition timing. Any Ideas? Thanks.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account